Tool Grinder model M40
• Universal tool and cutter grinder, Cincinnati type
• Designed as a versatile tool sharpener and can also be used for
light cylindrical, surface and internal grinding operations with
some optional accessories.
• The wheelhead can be tilted +/- 15 degrees, and swiveled 360 degrees
in the horizontal plane. This allows the setting of rake and relief
• The wheelhead spindle is supported in two pairs of angular ball
bearings, which are preloaded.
• The spindle is lubricated for life.
• The workhead can be positioned along the table and can be swiveled
vertically and horizontally. It has a taper hole in each end of
the spindle (one side is ASA50 and the other MT5)
• The table can be swiveled +/- 60 degrees. This along with the
wheelhead swiveling permits grinding long cutters and tools.
• The table ways are hardened and ground.
• Antifriction ball bearing assemblies allow easy and smooth positioning.
• Fine feed knobs on the right and left side of the table allow
fine to rapid feed range of the table. A crank allows fine feed
control on the right side of the table.
• The tailstock can be positioned longitudinally along the table.
The center is retractable for easy workpiece loading between centers.
• Table dogs are used for table positioning and cushioning
• Fully centralized lubrication system for the longitudinal and
cross ways, and cross feed screw and nut.
• Optional grinding attachments are available to allow face mill,
radius, helical, cylindrical, internal, surface, drill point, lathe
and planer tool grinding.
to Request a formal quote that includes complete information about
the M40 Grinder
• Workhead • Leveling pads (3 pcs.) • Draw-in bolts for workhead
and washer • Collet wrench • Left and Right hand tailstock • Wheel
guard holder (long and short) • Belt for spindle drive (Poly-flex
belt) • Grinding wheel sleeves (5) Reducing collet B & S or MT #5
x #2, 3 & 4 (3) • Sleeve extracting bar • 4" spindle extension •
Ejector rod • 4" extension wheel sleeve & collar • Center gauge
• Center for workhead spindle B & S or MT #2 • Pin wrench • Plain
tooth rest holder (with off set blade) (2) • T-wrench for grinding
wheel sleeve • Washer for 1/8" grinding wheel • Grinding wheel (7
in 6 sizes: 6x3/4x1.25, two 6x1/2x1.25, 3.5x1.5x1.25, 4x1/16x1/2,
5x1.5x1.25, 3x1/2x1/2") • Wheel guards (4) • Diamond dresser holder
• Touch -up paint • Tool cabinet • Micrometer adjustable tooth rest
(w/ round top table) • Double end wrench • Extension & washers of
slit-saw & side-mill cutters • Universal tooth rest plate & blade
holder extension • Allen type wrench • Nut wrench (2) • Driver
Swing Over Table: 10"
Distance Between Center: 27 1/2"
Distance Between Tailstock & Workhead:
Taper Hole In Workhead Spindle: ASA No.50 & M.T. No.5
Table T-Slot (Number & Size): One 0.565"
Table Working Surface: 5 5/16" x 37"
Grinding Wheel Spindle RPM:
2600, 3700, 6200 RPM
Grinding Wheel Spindle Motor: 1 HP
Table X Travel: 16"
Table Y Travel: 10"
Cross Movement of Saddle: 10"
Graduation for Table Swivel Movement: ±60°
Table Graduation on End, For Taper of: ±10°
Wheel Head Tilts: ±15°
Wheel Head Swivels: 360
Wheel Spindle Center to Top of Table: Max 12"-Min 2"
Wheel Spindle Center to T-Slot Center: Max 16 1/2"- Min 6 1/2"
Voltage: Choose 220 or 440 Volts, 3 phase
Net Weight: 2,560 Lbs.
Machine size: 58" x 58" x 60"
• Dust Collector
• Face Mill Grinding
• Radius Grinding 0-1" (4" Max. Dia of Cutter)
• Radius Grinding 0-2" (11 3/4" Max. Dia of Cutter)
• Helical Grinder
• Cylindrical Grinding W / 3Jaw Chuck
• Internal Grinding
• Work Head Indexing
• Extended Grinding Wheel Spindle
• Surface Grinding
• Lathe And Planer Grinding
• Spring Collet Set
• Coolant System
• Drill Point Grinding
• Wet Grinding
• Wheel Flange.
Tool Grinder model MN2
Features and Equipment:
• Cast Iron Base
• Designed To Grind Complex Tools
• Table And Work Head Controls Motorized
• 18 Standard Tooling Items
Swing over main slide: 12 inches
Collet work diameter: 0.12 min. to 1.25 max.
Lead generated by spiral lead mechanism: 1.81" min.
Length between spindle nose and tail center: 6" max.
Grinding wheel diameter: 4" max.
Main slide travel: 5.75"
Offset slide travel: 5.25"
Workhead horizontal plane angular adjustment: 235°
Workhead vertical plane angular adjustment: +/-40°
Longitudinal slide travel: 6"
Vertical slide travel: 9.50"
Cross slide travel: 7.50"
Workhead speed: 436 RPM
Workhead motor: 1/4 HP
Wheel head speed: 3600 RPM
Wheel head motor: 1/2 HP
Voltage: 220 volts 3 phase or 440 volts, 3 phase
Weight: 1525 Lbs.
Machine Size: 60 x 67 inches
to Request a formal Quote that includes complete information about
the MN2 Tool Grinder
• Large Cutter Radius Grinding Attachment
• Four Inch Universal 6-Jaw Chuck for workhead additional index
• Plate for Spiral Lead Indexing Unit
• Additional Diamond Trueing Tool W/ Diamond Nib
• Flange to mount 1/2" grinding wheel
• Spring Loaded Index Pawl For Workhead Index
• Additional Straight Cylindrical Collet
• Wheel Flange
diagram on the left shows how the swivelling turntable and moveable
offset slides will give your shop versatility to quickly set
up and accurately grind convex and concave radii
cutter end grinding
slot surface grinding
milling cutter grinding